Monday, January 7, 2013

Bonjour et bienvenue à 2013!

Bonne année à tous!(1)   2012 proved to be a year of spontaneous decisions, cherished memories, and major life changes. While I recognized how much I grew throughout my time at UCSB, I know this next chapter will be the most challenging yet. A challenge to identify my life path, seek out my aspirations, and make things happen for myself. I've never felt such a duality of excitement and fear than I do about this new freedom. Though already six months out of school, I still feel as if I am a fresh graduate. The road ahead of me stretches wide with possibilities and an undetermined direction.

The beginning of each year is characterized by new beginnings, new possibilities, and new goals, all which are often then translated into the both valued and despised (when we actually dare to address them): New Year's Resolutions. This year my New Year Resolutions are vast and varied, exciting and daunting. Naturally, many of them focus on where my feet will hit the ground next and how to make sure I'm running when they do. One of my more immediate resolutions concerns this blog, and to devote as much time to it as I do mange(1) -ing on croissants. The following posts will serve to share my stories up to the new year. As I look ahead at 2013 I resolve to faire la mise à jour(3)  this blog for my loved ones at home and my future self to look back on, a future self that I also resolve to discover.


(1)Happy New Year everyone!
(2) eat
(3) keep up to date



Rainbow over Paris after a rainy climb up the Eiffel Tower.


To want to, is to be able to.


Sun and smiles to look forward to this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment